The User agrees to Nordwand Group processing Personal Data in accordance with the Privacy Statement. Legal or contractual duties to maintain confidentiality to which Nordwand Group is subject in relation to the User's Personal Data are not affected by this Privacy Statement.
Nordwand Group may amend the Privacy Statement unilaterally at any time. The most recent version is published online by Nordwand Group.
Last updated on May 23th, 2018
Type of collected personal data
Nordwand Group processes personal data about the user if the user
- visits websites of Nordwand Group,
- provides the Nordwand Group with personal data to apply for a specific open job opportunity or request to register with us in general as a candidate,
- applies for or uses products or services offered by Nordwand Group online; this includes, in particular, registration for specific services or web content only accessible by means of a personal login and subscriptions to print media or online newsletters,
- obtains, installs and/or uses apps of Nordwand Group from the relevant app stores, or
- takes part in a competition.
In selected cases, personal data is processed if Nordwand Group records telephone calls with users, whether this be to meet its own legal obligations or for training or quality assurance purposes.
Nordwand Group may process the personal data (e.g. name, gender, address, e-mail address, telephone or fax number) that the user explicitly and actively provides to Nordwand Group. This also applies if the user participates in events (online or in person) of the Nordwand Group. Also, Nordwand Group's web server automatically records details of the user's visit (e.g. IP address, browser type and version, operating system used, originating website, pages accessed, date, duration of visit).
Cookies particularly serve the following purposes:
- save the user's preferred language and country settings
- perform a statistical analysis of the number of users and of their usage habits
- improve the loading speed of the individual pages
The user can control cookie specifications via their browser settings. The relevant browser options and instructions on use can generally be found in the browser manual or help file. If the user rejects, blocks or deactivates cookies, this may restrict the availability of the services offered via the website. In addition, parts of the website may not work correctly under certain circumstances.
Nordwand Group analyses how its websites are used with the help of third-party analysis tools, such as Google Analytics (hereinafter «analysis service providers»). Nordwand Group assumes no responsibility or liability for any data processed by analysis service providers.
Detailed information on this can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en and
https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection).
Usage and protection of personal data
By processing personal data according to this privacy statement, Nordwand Group is able to improve the quality of its products and services.
Personal data is processed for the following purposes in particular:
- technical management as well as research and further development of websites
- user administration and marketing
- user information on the services and products rendered by Nordwand Group, provided the user has given their consent for this
- selecting competition winners and awarding prizes
The user authorizes Nordwand Group to transmit personal data to employees, agents or other third parties within or outside the country where the user lives in order to provide services and for the purposes indicated above. Employees, agents and other third parties which have access to personal data are required by Nordwand Group to ensure compliance with all applicable data protection provisions. Any person who authorizes Nordwand Group to access their personal data as defined in this privacy statement will be made aware of the data security and data protection implications.
Nordwand Group protects personal data with appropriate physical, electronic and process-related security measures, such as firewalls, personal passwords, encoding and authentication technologies. Personal data collected via a website owned by Nordwand Group will be encrypted during transmission using SSL Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which currently provides the best-available security for data transfers.
Nordwand Group reserves the right to disclose personal data to regulatory and supervisory authorities, as well as, pursuant to this privacy statement, to analysis service providers. In so doing, Nordwand Group will comply at all times with applicable regulations, laws, court orders or official requests.
Information on processed personal data
Persons whose personal data is processed within the scope of this privacy statement have the following rights:
- to receive information on whether Nordwand Group may save personal data and what form this personal data may take (which categories of data, recipients or categories of recipients, retention periods for personal data or criteria governing retention periods)
- to receive a copy of the personal data
- to request the rectification of personal data if it is incorrect
- to request the deletion of personal data
- to request restrictions on processing personal data
- to receive personal data in a structured, accessible and machine-readable format
- to submit an objection to processing, especially for the purpose of direct advertising
The rights specified above may be denied or restricted if the interests, rights and freedoms of third parties take precedence or if processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims of Nordwand Group.
Queries in relation to processing personal data are to be directed to the data protection officer of Nordwand Group:
Nordwand Group AG
The websites of Nordwand Group may contain hyperlinks to other websites which are not operated or monitored by Nordwand Group. Third-party websites are not subject to this Privacy Statement. Nordwand Group is not responsible for their content or how they handle personal data.
Right to withdraw consent in respect of data protection
Anyone affected by the processing of personal data can withdraw their consent to this effect at any time. This must be done in writing or by e-mail to the data protection officer of Nordwand Group.