Team Leader Controlling Swiss BU
Our client Gate Gourmet is one of the leading companies in airline catering, retail on board and hospitality products and operates over 128 catering facilities in 28 countries on 6 continents. The business unit Switzerland comprises five production sites and business activities in five different business areas in aviation as well as outside aviation and is one of the largest country organisations of gategroup. They offer a varied working environment and an exciting workplace with a view of the airfield and the first-hand experience of the dynamics of an international airport.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading & developing the Controlling team
- Responsibility for the preparation of planning reports including budgeting, forecasts, business plans and the corresponding analyses
- Preparation of finance and performance analyses both periodically and ad hoc as a management guidance tool
- Steering & collaboration in the implementation of productivity analyses, problem area analyses and analyses of unit P&L's as well as customer P&L's
- Coordination & preparation of business cases for investments and ensuring periodic monitoring of capital expenditures
- Controlling responsibility in the monthly closing process for the Business Unit Switzerland incl. reporting
- Responsibility for cost centre and cost unit accounting
- Active participation in cross-divisional and strategic projects, including cost saving projects, process optimisations, market analyses, etc.
- (Further) development of digital controlling processes & planning tools
- Completed business studies (university / FH), ideally with a focus on finance, or a higher professional education in finance.
- Several years of experience as head of controlling and / or several years of experience as Senior Controller in a preferably industrial environment
- Experience as project or sub-project manager in controlling
- Several years of experience in SAP FI/CO & Hyperion
- Excellent Excel skills (experience with Power BI, Power Pivot and Macros);
- A strong desire to learn and a flair for numbers
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English, French is a plus
- Open-minded personality who approaches tasks proactively and can communicate in an open and goal-oriented manner with various interdepartmental stakeholders.
- Personality who takes on responsibility and actively contributes to shaping / steering the department and develops it with vision
- Conceptual and networked thinking that enables you to keep an eye not only on your own tasks but also on the overall processes when acting.
- You combine an organised and independent way of working with the ability and willingness to act and communicate as part of a team
If you are interested to be considered for this opportunity, please send us your CV and supporting documents to email@example.com.
As fluency in German is essential to perform this role, candidates without complete fluency in German will not be considered nor notified of their rejection. We can only accept applications from Swiss and EU citizens.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.