Senior System Engineer
For our client we are looking for a Senior System Engineer. This position involves supporting the requests of the production and development teams to solve issues related to Linux servers as well as working on a diverse array of projects to improve services locally and globally for the firm.
- Support the requests of the production and development teams to solve any problems related with the Linux servers
- Evaluate, implement, and configure infrastructure products.
- Develop and oversee the backup, replication and disaster recovery strategies
- Maintain documentation for procedures, configurations and programs
- Capacity planning and management for various services.
- Ensure the Linux servers adhere to department standards
- Perform server hardware maintenance and upgrades
- Monitor and manage the performance and capacity of infrastructure components
- Resolve bugs, performance problems, and other issues with production applications
- Develop automation scripts. Integrate with scheduling software where feasible
- Maintain software repositories and apply software updates
- Install, configure and maintain servers in a Linux environment
- Maintain/monitor the health of the Linux servers through both automated and manual processes
- Linux Redhat experience (More than 8 years) Engineering or Administration
- Strong communication skills
If you would like to read more about this position or learn about other vacancies that the Nordwand Group is representing please send in your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants from the EU or Swiss / Permit holders only accepted.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.