Head of Portal Technology
Nuant is the integrated solution for institutional professionals to support their digital asset portfolio management, research and data intelligence needs.
We are looking for a: HEAD OF PORTAL TECHNOLOGY to be located in the HQ in Zug, Switzerland.
About our client:
They don't predict the future, they build it! Nuant is creating tomorrow’s digital asset management platform today, combining advanced portfolio management, portfolio construction, risk management and client reporting capabilities with fully-integrated on-chain and off-chain data, curated content, insights & analytics to support the needs of Investment Managers in winning and retaining clients in the Digital Asset ecosystem. Their Mission is to help Digital Asset Managers achieve positive returns for their clients whilst consistently managing risk. Their Vision is to create a dynamic financial system where companies and the customers they serve can leverage the substantial digital asset opportunities through the availability of the right data, tools and services.
We are looking for an experienced dev lead to primarily drive the integration, communication, and orchestration between the nuant technology services & teams. This role will be vital to support the CTO in delivering exceptional development outcomes every day across nuant.
Based in Switzerland, reporting to the CTO, this role is responsible for:
- Leading and guiding the development team and driving the alignment between the front & backend teams to ensure optimal delivery for nuant product development
- Hands on development, leading by doing
- Implementing, managing and evaluating nuant’s technology resources to ensure the right skills and team setup is optimised for the development & delivery requirements
- Working closely with CPO for newly proposed features. Understanding precisely the requirements to ensure optimised distribution of tasks within the team
- Providing guidance in technical architecture, working with team members to
- determine the best architecture to solve the identified problems
- Supporting the CTO in running the technology budget
- Collaborating with the development teams to identify and fix technical problems
Key deliverables in the role would be:
- Leading by doing. Further developing the strength, agility, output and engagement of the technology team to ensure that the front & back end development capability in nuant is able to deliver what is required to an exceptional standard
- Fostering strong integration and engagement across the various technology teams
- Establishing strong reliable business partnership with the product team to ensure accurate & timely estimations
- Taking the lead from the technology perspective with regards to a successful SOC2 ISO implementation
- Ensuring a reliable partnership with the CTO for the running of the development function
The ideal profile:
- A proven technology background ideally with foundations in software development
- Leadership experience (including remote). Empathetic & highly positive attitude, able to deliver and inspire.
- Exceptional Architect knowledge with proven background in distributed systems and Apache Kafka
- Strong tech stack knowledge with regards to Front and Back end including: Node.js, nest.js, react, typescript, graphQL, AWS, Kub8, ECS EKS, etc.
- Strong knowledge in big data, distributed systems, data bases, singlestore, spark is a big plus
- Strong architect skill set able to understand and challenge on complex challenges
- Able to understand the technical complexities and orchestrate across the front and back-end functions seamlessly, able to motivate and inspire
- Proven ability of achieving exceptional coding standards across the team
- Exceptional organising / team structuring skills with a demonstrated ability of the highest standard of peer review process
- Stress resistant able to deliver in high pressure environment with focused deadlines
- Ability to apply software craftmanship principles (DDD, CQRS...)
- SOC2 ISO experience
What can you expect:
- An environment grounded in respect, fairness, tolerance, trust & yes - fun
- A challenging, hugely dynamic fast-growing company (with all the fun and not so fun stuff this brings)
- Competitive reward reflecting contribution and commitment
- Accountability for results
- Selflessness with a healthy dose of self-deprecating humour & attitude - (ego’s are banned in fact)
- An environment not too heavy on direction, but one that will require your A-Game and ultimate collaboration skills to get stuff done. Exceptional results, every time, there is no time to waste!
- No crazy ideas are off limits any time, any place - just be sure to have the arguments and facts on the table - the best argument always wins
- Solutions are expected not problems
- Virtually zero tolerance to negativity (but they do allow the Brits an occasional moan about the weather)
- Low probability of ever winning a dance off with the CEO - but full encouragement to try
If you are interested in this opportunity and you have the experience and the mindset we are looking for, then please get in touch: email@example.com
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.