Head Accounting Policy
Our client is searching for a technical Accounting expert to take a regional position tasked with overseeing and and maintaining Accounting policy for the region, as Subject Matter Expert and working with Group Senior Management.
- Set and maintain regional Accounting Policies, ensuring compliance with US GAAP, in collaboration with teams across the group
- Review of the regions financial statements to ensure accurate US GAAP reporting
- Key technical accounting expert for the region; support business and tax projects by providing expert technical accounting assessment
- Identify, analyse and report (internally and externally to the auditors) on accounting issues and required disclosure information for the region
- Provide decision support to Senior Management and ensure key accounting and treasury decisions are properly evaluated
- Coordinate and manage auditors
- Develop and maintain accounting and reporting tools and support finance community to implement new systems, process efficiencies and maintain the reporting framework
Profile of ideal candidate:
- Degree level education in Finance or equivalent
- Qualified accountant (US CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, ideally within ‘Big 4’ and industry
- Exposure to US international corporations
- Extensive US GAAP knowledge, exposure to SOX
- Fluent in English and German
- Working knowledge of SAP
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send you profile and supporting documents to email@example.com.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.