Our client is a fast growing, privately owned, global leader in the design and production of medical devices, selling their products to the world’s leading pharma and biotech companies. Due to expansion of the Finance team in Zug we are looking for a solutions-oriented, flexible and ambitious candidate to join a dynamic, fast paced and business focused team.
General Job Description
In the role of a Finance Manager you will support the business with key financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting to underpin the commercial decision-making process, helping the company to achieve its financial growth and development goals. You will design and deliver regular reporting packages for business performance including project reporting and other ad hoc requirements. You will also be involved in the financial accounting process, supporting the Finance team for key financial closing periods to achieve timely and accurate accounts and related reporting. The successful candidate will bring a completely ‘open to everything’ approach and be prepared to work closely with all team members and the other departments to achieve the company goals. This will involve having to sometimes switch one’s focus, jump temporarily into leading new projects and overall show complete flexibility. This mentality and working style will be rewarded with accelerated exposure to new areas of the business and offer career growth opportunities.
Duties and responsabilities:
- Lead the production of periodic management accounts to aid growth and profitability
- Regularly report on business performance, both standalone and at group level
- Set up and deliver a project reporting capability
- Support the financial close and reporting of the group consolidated accounts under Swiss GAAP
- Be the owner of the budget and forecasting process
- Business reporting tool – build up and deliver a strong reporting package
- Continuously focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Develop, improve and promote an efficient internal control system
Required skills and competencies:
- Qualification by experience and/or a University studies in Business and/or Finance & Accounting followed by a professional Finance qualification (potentially CPA, ACA; ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum of 5-8 years of Finance and Accounting/Controlling experience gained either at a Big4 Audit firm (Audit route) or with a corporate (Controlling route)
- Experience in defining and executing process and operational efficiencies
- Must be proactive, energized, be prepared to take ownership in a fast turnaround environment and to voice opinions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel
- SAP (preferably SAP HANA)
- Interest in BI, reporting and analysis tools
- Experience in understanding key performance indicators and measuring outputs / operational results
- Fluent English, good German
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to structure presentations and reports and draft firm-wide business communications
- Innovative, strategic, and creative thinker with the ability to visualize, gather information, analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
Are you looking for a challenging role in a fast growing and dynamic environment where you can further develop you career? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.