Our client is an international Bioinformatics company, leader in its domain located in Lausanne. To support their Research & Development Team, we are looking for a Database Engineer.
The successful candidate will spend most of his/her time supporting the database infrastructure and all the databases instances and solutions deployed.
- Build scalable databases: you work across multiple platforms, such as PostgreSQL or MariaDB to create well optimized, highly available and secure database solutions.
- Develop API interfaces.
- Monitor and resolve production issues as 3rd line specialized support. You respond quickly to help resolve database related problems and minimize any down time or business impact. You build and incrementally improve tools to monitor production systems to detect problems early and reliably.
- You ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Bioinformatics.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL or other Database Administration skills.
- Experience in Python (or R) development, C++ could be an asset.
- Experience with Software development tools such as GitHub and CI/CD.
- Strong ability to work in a team, sense of service.
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Fluent in English.
If you wish to continue, in parallel with your technical skills, to be trained within a highly skilled team, do not hesitate to let us know by posting this job ad! Then do not hesitate to apply and send your complete file to Richard Yanez. Our team is looking forward reading it and will come back to you shortly.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.