Chief Financial Officer (AllianceBlock)
AllianceBlock is building the world’s first globally compliant decentralized capital market - the future of finance.
About our client:
AlianceBlocks vision is huge, (they know) but they think big. Will they achieve it? They like to think so - but only with the right team. That's where you come in.
Their mantra is NoMercy; this means they are bold and brave, they don’t care for convention (or egos). They are creative and pragmatic - they bring their A-game, simply get stuff done and they have fun in the process.
But hold up...
- Do you like taking ownership and initiative (like really taking it?)
- Are you ok with ambiguity and fast paced change? (seriously this is not for everyone)
- Do you thrive on accountability and direct contribution?
Rolling into the CEO this role will include:
- Determining and executing Group financial strategy
- Leading corporate finance topics including investor communications, financing rounds, corporate transaction procedures and IPO financial roadmap
- Assessing and developing Group prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, acquisitions and expansion prospects
- Advising on revenue generation models and opportunities and cost optimization
- Running and scaling a fit-for-purpose accounting function
- Sourcing a new accounting and payroll system and owning procedures and controls
- Leading FP&A to ensure Group annual financial objectives are attained
- Preparing financial reports for stakeholders
- Overseeing annual audits and coordinating and producing tax documents
- Monitoring and communicating potential financial, operational, and legal risks
- Working closely with Head of HR on workforce planning and budgeting
- Cooperating closely with the COO on implementation of key projects
Success in this role looks like:
Leading a successful fund raise:
- 5 year modeling including DCF/Chicago/VC method
- Identify and connect with target investment community including 200+ leads
- Advising on pros/cons on investment/investor scenarios and long term implications -> recommend "optimal path"
Delivering Financial Excellence
- Forecasting, budgeting and tracking
- Cashflow optimisation
- Fast closing cycles
- Developing key financial KPIs across the organisation (performance/insight)
- Delivering digital and measurable and scalable solutions fit for our growth objectives (systems/apps/ERP)
- Auditing including timely statutory reporting
- Taking key part in setting the direction of our plan and future
Building a World Class Team
- Customer focus - internal/external
- Merit based - reward individual and team performance
- Seeking highest level of integrity and trust
- Inspiring and lead from the front
The ideal profile?
- A minimum of 10+ years in a financial leadership and operational role
- Experience with a Fintech startup
- Experience in successful fundraising
- Passion for technology and ideally solid knowledge of the software industry, ideally blockchain
- Experience working in a dynamic entrepreneurial, privately-owned organization.
- Ability to demonstrate success in leadership roles requiring strong analytical, writing and management skills
- Experience in the venture capital and / or startup market
- Ability to work independently, identify issues and resolve problems
- In depth knowledge about the accounting and tax environment in Switzerland
- Experience in partnership building and management with various corporations, institutions and organizations
- Proven experience in leading and performing complex tasks and prioritizing multiple projects, developing systems and applying best practices
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Proactive entrepreneur mindset with skills of a team-player
- At least Master or MBA in Business Administration or Economics
What can you (really) expect?
- An environment grounded in respect, fairness, tolerance, trust & yes - fun (we promise)
- A challenging, hugely dynamic fast growing company
- Competitive reward reflecting contribution and commitment
- Accountability for results - we do what we say
- Selflessness with a healthy does of self-deprecating humor & attitude - (ego’s are banned in fact)
- An environment not too heavy on direction, but one that will require your A-Game and ultimate collaboration skills to get stuff done. Exceptional results, every time, there is no time to waste!
- No crazy ideas are off limits any time, any place - just be sure to have the arguments and facts on the table - the best argument always wins around here
- Solutions are expected not problems
- Virtually zero tolerance to negativity (but we do allow the Brits an occasional moan about the weather)
- Low probability of ever winning a dance off with our CEO - but full encouragement to try.
If you are interested in this CFO opportunity and you have the experience and the mindset we are looking for, then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.