Strategy Consulting - Operational M&A Excellence
Our client is a global market leader in consulting services for the execution of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. They lead their clients through the entire M&A lifecycle including the implementation stages of the deal, including operational and technology due-diligence, combining and separating companies and with value creation. All of this is done within tight deadlines and whilst continuously analysing and managing risks.
From a Zurich base, our client typically works on 3-6 month projects for international firms in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. They have an excellent track record and portfolio of customers which has resulted in impressive recent growth of the team. To meet continued expansion plans we have been tasked with identifying a select number of experienced and capable Managers/Senior Managers with considerable edge who want to join a winning team and be a part of a very bright future.
What differentiates this consultancy from the rest?
Consulting is a people business, and you will be working with the best of class colleagues in the industry. The team is a strong mix of both industry experienced functional experts as well as seasoned Management Consultants, all of whom share the common goal of expanding the business and delivering world-class service.
Having joined a market leader, you will find yourself on high-profile prestigious projects. The work is strongly client facing and mostly carried out on-site close to the action. The teams services have consistently been in high demand by their customer base making our clients practice the place to be for a high-visibility and highly rewarding consulting career.
You will be the client lead across a range work-streams, developing your experience through a variety of engagements including pre-deal activities such as due-diligence and planning of carve-outs plus post-deal activities such as integration planning. You will also be involved with value creation activities, helping companies reorganise themselves more effectively and efficiently. You will help develop the team's knowledge base, initiate marketing campaigns and form lasting relationships with high profile clients. Overall you will support client stakeholders in forming and delivering on their deal strategy, creating value by ensuring a complete client satisfaction and winning repeat and supplementary business. You will quickly familiarise yourself with the company’s full spectrum of services and actively identify opportunities to enhance the overall client experience. You will act as a role model within the teams, support development of less senior colleagues and be involved with recruiting and mentoring newcomers. You will take an active role in practice development initiatives and strive to maintain a fun and rewarding work environment.
- Significant consulting experience (internal or external) covering several workstreams such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, HR, IT, Manufacturing Operations etc. We are also interested in speaking to people with a consulting background who now have a Lead function with a corporate in a change management environment.
- Proven exposure to a deal/transaction environment in the pre/post phases (mergers, acquisitions or divestments), specifically due-diligence, business combinations or carve-outs. This experience can be gained from either side of the deal (buy side/sell side) internally or externally.
- Solid Project Management/PMO experience.
- Curious, problem-solving attitude with a natural drive and well-developed analytical skills.
- Team member and vendor management exposure within complex environments.
- Experience in the Lifesciences, Consumer Goods and/or industrial environment highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 80% typically leaving on Monday and returning on Thursday).
If you feel you have the skills and experience relevant to this position, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Please note that this position, due to permit reasons, is only available to Swiss citizens or EU passport holders. Please send us your CV and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.