Senior Financial Analyst
Our client is a fast growing, privately owned, global leader in the design and production of medical devices, selling their products to the world’s leading pharma and biotech companies. Due to expansion of the Finance team in Zug we are looking for a solutions-oriented, flexible and ambitious candidate to join a dynamic, fast paced and business focused team.
General Job Description
In the role of a Senior Financial Analyst you will support the business with key financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting to underpin the commercial decision-making process, helping the company to achieve its financial growth and development goals. You will be involved in producing regular reporting packages for business performance including project reporting and other ad hoc requirements. You will also be involved in the financial accounting process, supporting the Finance team for key financial closing periods to achieve timely and accurate accounts and related reporting. The successful candidate will bring a completely ‘open to everything’ approach and be prepared to work closely with all team members and the other departments to achieve the company goals. This will involve having to sometimes switch one’s focus, jump temporarily into new projects and overall show complete flexibility. This mentality and working style will be rewarded with accelerated exposure to new areas of Finance, increased responsibility and further autonomy.
Duties and responsabilities:
- Support the production of periodic management accounts to aid growth and profitability
- Regularly report on business performance, both standalone and at group level
- Support the set up and delivery of a project reporting capability
- Support the financial close and reporting of the group consolidated accounts under Swiss GAAP
- Be involved in the budget and forecasting process
- Business reporting tool – be involved in the build-up and delivery of a strong reporting package
- Give suggestions and become involved in continuous system efficiencies and business practices
- Support the development, improvement and promotion of an efficient internal control system
Required skills and competencies:
- Qualification by experience and/or a University studies in Business and/or Finance & Accounting
- Working towards a followed by a professional chartered Finance qualification (for example CIMA)
- Minimum of 3 years of Finance and Accounting/Controlling experience gained either at a Big4 Audit firm (Audit route) or with a corporate (Controlling route)
- Must be proactive, energized, be prepared to take ownership in a fast turnaround environment and to voice opinions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- SAP preferable
- Interest in BI, reporting and analysis tools.
- Exposure to key performance indicators and measuring outputs / operational results
- Fluent English, good German
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- First exposure to structuring presentations and reports and drafting firm-wide business communications
Are you looking for a challenging role in a fast growing and dynamic environment where you can further develop you career? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.