Senior Database Engineer
The Nordwand Group is currently looking for a Senior Database Engineer with strong SQL programming skills who can work with end users, internal / external development teams to solve data issues and optimize data pipeline / processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Analysis, integration and warehousing of data.
- Root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes (identify opportunities for improvement)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipelines.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery.
- Data extraction from unstructured datasets, data transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines.
- MS SQL enterprise experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL).
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, C#.NET etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with unstructured datasets.
- For this position we are considering both a contract solution as well as permanent possibilities. Please send your CV to us here at Nordwand Group should you be interested.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.