We are searching for an Accountant to join our client, a small-cap Swiss stock exchange listed company. You will be a key member of a friendly and experienced accounting operations team supporting the statutory accounting for several European entities. You will report into the European Head of Finance. Our client has a flat hierarchy, which means people are accessible and open to help.
- Daily AP and AR bookings
- Calculating, posting and processing various journal entries (e.g. accruals, prepayments)
- Perform various Balance Sheet reconciliations (GL ledger vs subledger such as A/R, A/P, payroll/social security related accounts etc.)
- Support the cash management process, and prepare of bank reconciliations
- Support in Intercompany Balances reconciliations across the region, as well as global counterparties in other wider global regions
- Support in processing AP invoices, Purchase order process transactions bookings and employee expense processing
- Working closely with the sales order administration team on various aspects, such order releases and invoice related aspects
- Assist the team with VAT returns preparation
- Assist in the regions AR cash collection process and bad debt monitoring
- Assist in the preparation of monthly /half-yearly / annual closings in line with Swiss GAAP FER
- Support with statutory audits and local legal accounting
- Be involved in various projects to improve efficiency and develop the teams capabilities
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Good understanding of accounting methodologies and principles.
- Structured yet flexible working style, with high level of attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving mentality.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Friendly and pragmatic personality and being open to new challenges.
- Experience in taking ownership for getting things done, working independently, and delivering on strict deadlines.
- Fluent English and German skills necessary.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your CV, references and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.