Our client, a successful international precision equipment manufacturer is looking for an experienced Commercial/Cost Accountant to join their team and assist in the ongoing set up of a new production facility. In the role of Cost Accountant, you will support the business with key financial analysis, and to underpin the commercial decision-making process, helping the company to achieve its financial growth and development goals.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Produce periodic management accounts to aid growth and profitability.
- Conduct standard cost calculation in the budget process.
- Analysis of costs, provisions and conduct monthly closing for inventory to SOX guidelines.
- Reconciliate the general ledger and sub ledger of the inventory.
- Business reporting tool – assisting with building up and delivering of a strong reporting package.
- Participating in developing, improving, and promoting an efficient internal control system.
- Preparing management reporting.
- Analysing and monitoring production variances.
- Preparing and analysing standard costs.
- Performing budget variance analysis, interpreting results, identifying issues and communicating to the senior management.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Qualification by experience and/or a University studies in Accounting.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in a finance/accounting role either as an auditor, cost accountant or a financial analyst. Preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in defining and executing process and operational efficiencies.
- Experience in a manufacturing production environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your CV, references and academic certificates to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.