Business Intelligence Analyst
Our client is a fast growing, privately owned, global leader in the design and production of medical devices, selling their products to the world’s leading pharma and biotech companies. Due to expansion of the Finance team in Zug we are looking for a solutions-oriented, flexible and ambitious candidate to join a dynamic, fast paced and business focused team.
General Job Description
In the role of a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst you work closely with key stakeholders from the business to build analytical insights, data visualization, intuitive dashboards and data modeling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the organization. You will act as an advisor to the business managers to jointly explore how available data can be used to improve the performance of the respective business units
Duties and responsabilities:
- Coordinate with Business Managers to translate business requirements into coherent Business Intelligence (BI) reports
- Evaluate existing business and reporting tools used by the company, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvements
- Develop optimal and scalable Business Intelligence (BI) applications to meet customer needs
- Design, develop, test and implement data warehouse systems for BI reporting and analysis
- Prepare and maintain BI reporting and analysis documentations
- Generate BI reports, dashboards and data models with the help of BI tools and MS-Office products on important business metrics, especially relating to profitability and productivity
- Identify and resolve BI report related issues
- Perform and coordinate financial, sales, operational and related BI research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and provide results and findings to senior management
- Provide support and guidance to junior analysts in report creation and act as a liaison between business units and IT programmers in gathering requirements needed for the creation of important business reports
- Remain current on industry trends with respect to BI capabilities
- Execute BI projects within assigned budget and timelines.
- Analyze existing BI system and reporting processes and suggest improvements to enhance BI performance and capacity
- Manage upgrades, modifications, maintenance and troubleshooting of BI systems
- Validate data warehouse system for data integrity, quality and accuracy
- Work with various business teams to improve BI reporting and analytics
Required skills and competencies:
- Overall the candidates need a well-rounded business background to balance the line between IT and the business
- Higher degree in Finance, Controlling or Information Technology
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business intelligence or a related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- SQL Server skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis and integration
- Comfortable in interacting with various stakeholders within the company
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Fluent English, good German, other languages are an asset
Are you looking for a challenging role in a fast growing and dynamic environment where you can further develop you career? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Who we are
The Nordwand Group AG in Zurich and the Nordwand Group Genève SA specialise in providing IT jobs and finance jobs on a permanent, contracting and interim management basis. We also offer executive search services across a broader range of functions.